Saturday, April 2, 2022

Yak - Dark Side of the Duck (2004)

The debut album from this one-man project from England.

Yak is Martin Morgan. He performs all instruments here. That means a lot of keyboards and synths. Not to mention drums, bass and guitar-synths.

This was sold to me as a neo-prog album. It is instead an instrumental album in the symphonic prog to neo-classical and soundtrack genres.

The music is pretty dynamic and there are some interesting themes here.

And it is what it says on the tin.... the artwork.

It is ideas and some of them has been pretty well developed.

The quality is decent enough. But I hope the two other Yak albums I got is better than this one. Yak has in total released four albums and I may get hold of the album I am missing too for the purpose of a review in this blog.

This album is a bit on the dull side of the scene. 

2 points

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment