Monday, July 25, 2022

Aphrodite's Child - 666 (1972)

 

The third and final album from this band from Greece.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, organ, piano, percussion, flute and vocals.

A handful of guests added woodwinds, narrations and female vocals.

This album is one of the classics in the progressive rock scene. Not so much of the quality but because the weird music, the big song from this album and those who took part.

I reviewed their first two albums many years ago but did not really want to review this album due to my mistaken this album for being occult. I had got an overdose of occultism back then. It now turns out that this album is all about The Old Testament, the first part of the Bible.

Vangelis and Demis Roussos was 2/4 of the band. Both got good careers outside the band when the band split up just after the release of this album. Both has recently passed on. R.I.P.

The Four Horsemen is the big song on this album. A great song indeed. The rest of the album has some system in the chaos. It is difficult to find, but it is there. Yes, this is a concept album.

The music is pretty avant-garde and eclectic.

The music is also good but it is a grower. It is not an immediate hit in my ears and I had my struggles with this album.

Check out this album.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment