Thursday, September 2, 2021

Efecto. El - Cidade Das Almas Adormecidas (2008)

The second album from this band from Brazil.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of percussion, drums, bass, guitars, trumpet, flute, ukulele and vocals.

The band had help from a large amount of guests who provided guitars, oboe, flute, violin and background vocals.

I was far from impressed by their debut album and you can read my review somewhere else in this blog.

I did not have any high hopes for this album. I was not to be disappointed.

The music is a mix of latin guitars, screaming vocals, some woodwinds and weird jazzy, Latin - American rock. There is also a lot of punk in their music.

This is far too weird for me and most others. I do not speak their language so I am probably missing the whole point of this album and this music.

Based on the music alone, this album too is sailing close to being a turkey. Hence.....

1.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment