Sunday, September 18, 2022

Crypt Sermon - Out Of The Garden (2015)

The debut album from this band from USA.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars and vocals.

This band was sold to me as a progressive doom metal band. So I got their two albums.

Hmmm..... Progressive doom metal.... That is not what the speakers tells me.

The album starts out as a pretty much pure heavy metal album. Black Sabbath, the Dio era is what I get here.

The band takes a more doom metal direction after the first two songs. 

The last final half gives us some melodic doom metal.

The quality is pretty decent and this is by no means the worst doom metal album I have ever had the joy of encountering. But the music is still too standard for my liking.

If doom metal is your thing, this album may be something for you.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment