Saturday, July 23, 2022

Gnome - King (2022)

The second album from this band from Belgium.

The band is a trio with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars and vocals.

I was sent a link to their video from this album and I found it hilarious. You will find it somewhere on Youtube. Then I got the album after expressing my interest in it.

The music is doom/stoner rock with some progressive rock and space rock elements.

Most of the music is instrumental with some vocals adding spice to the music.

The band has a rather weirdo, humour take on stoner and doom metal. Some of their riffs and melodies are well outside the stoner norm. 

The music is pretty quirky and so is the sporadic vocals.

The quality is somewhere between decent and good. I am not entirely convinced and won over by this forty-two minutes long album.

Those who likes quirky, progressive stoner rock should check out this album.

2.5 points




No comments:

Post a Comment