Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Karfagen - Land of Green and Gold (2022)

The 13th album from this band from Ukraine.

Karfagen is Antony Kalugin on keyboards and vocals.

He got help from a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, flute and woodwinds.

As we are all aware of, Ukraine was attacked by Russia two months ago. Antony Kalugin lived in the east of Ukraine in or near Kharkiv. As far as I understand, he and his family is one of those who had to flee his home and Antony is also probably defending his Ukraine with arms these days.

I send Antony and his family my warmest thoughts every day.

The music he has released during the Covid pandemic and now during the war has been of a good quality.

What we get here is two good long pieces of music. Land Of Green and Land Of Gold. I personally take this as Ukraine but I may be mistaken.

The music is somewhere between symphonic prog and classical music.

The quality is again good and this album sounds like a defiant support of Ukraine. I take it as that. And Ukraine got my full support.

But the music itself is good and this is an album well worth checking out.

3 points

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment