Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Jovenabuelo - Ya Listo Chao (2007)

The debut album from this band from Chile.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars and accordion.

This band has released two albums on Bandcamp before they disbanded. I have meant to review both albums for the last years but someone else got my priority. The reviews of both albums are loooong overdue.

The music is post-rock.

That is post-rock with a slight twist. 

There is some Latin-American in their post-rock. Latin-American prog. The use of accordion and some local instruments is unusual, to say at least. 

This adds a lot of colours and flavours to what is pretty standard post-rock.

Their take on post-rock is also pretty good. 

This album is therefore one of the better post-rock albums I have heard for a while. I rarely review post-rock albums and this album is a nice reminder that I should visit this genre more often.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment