Monday, May 9, 2022

Adventure - Tales of Belle, Part 1 (2022)

The fifth album from this Norwegian band.

The band is a sextet on this album with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, flute, piano, organ, synths, keyboards and vocals.

It is not often I review their albums as I got a bit of a bad impression of the band based on their debut album. Progressive metal is not my thing, really. Less so bad progressive metal.

The band's record label sent me this album and I decided to give them another try.

There is not much progressive metal left.... if any. 

The band is now a Scandinavian symphonic progressive rock band with a lot of the sound adopted from the likes of early Kaipa and The Flower Kings. Throw in the early Norwegian symphonic prog scene and you get this album.

The album is # 1 of a concept which I gather will include some more albums. 

It is forty minutes long and has some folk metal in addition to the symphonic prog. The sound is good and so is the vocals.

This is a good album indeed. A couple of very good or great tracks is missing but that is my only gripe with this album. Besides of that, check out this album.

3 points



 

No comments:

Post a Comment