Saturday, November 26, 2022

Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet (1995)

 

The debut album from this band from Finland.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of drums, bass, keyboards, guitars and vocals.

The genre called Funeral Doom has always fascinated me. When I ran a record label, I released the official debut album from the band Funeral (Norway) and I still rate that album very highly. 

Skepticism from Finland has released a handful albums in this genre and I will review them in the coming weeks and months. This because I do what I want to do in this blog and because there is not much difference between funeral doom and the other genres I review here.

Hence, more funeral doom discos and bands will follow.

Stormcrowfleet gives us some very dark music somewhere between death and doom metal. The speed is alway dirge like and very slow. 

The vocals and sound is very dark, indeed.

This is a classic funeral doom album and an overall decent album. It is by no means a good album but it is still well worth checking out.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment