Friday, July 22, 2022

Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity (1997)

The fourth album from this US band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, chapman stick, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

The follow up album to the very heavy Awake album saw the band change keyboards player. Kevin Moore went out and Derek Sherinian replaced him.

The band also followed up the very heavy Awake album with one of their least heavy albums of their career. 

I rated it as a disappointment and a soft squid when I got it in 1997. I did not like it at all.

Twenty-five years has passed and.... the album has some weaknesses. A couple of rather weak songs who leads nowhere.

There are also some very good songs here. The majority of the songs are very good, indeed.

This is therefore a very good album indeed and it proves that I was very much mistaken when I got it when it was released.

3.5 points

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment