Friday, March 1, 2024

King's X - King's X (1992)

The fourth album from this band from USA.

The band is a trio with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, dulcimer, sitar and vocals.

Two guests added cello, piano and organ.

This very underrated band continued on from their first three albums more or less in the same vein.

That means a soulful, grungy mix of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Rush. 

Their three first albums really impressed me and reminded me how much I have always liked this band, even after a two decaded long pause from their music. 

The music on this album, whose album title sounds like they wanted to reset the band for a reason I do not understand (I need to get to that chapter in their biography), is both groovy, catchy, highly intelligent and full of good harmonies.

Lost In Germany is the outstanding track here. The rest of the album is a great album too.

This is another great album from a great band and it is a mystery to me why they never got the breakthrough they and their music deserved. I do not understand.... I do not understand.

4 points



No comments:

Post a Comment