Friday, October 29, 2021

Fermáta - Fermáta (1975)

The debut album from this band from Slovakia.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, electric piano, synth and organ.

The band was formed in the Czechoslovakia before this state was split into two states. After the split, the band is regarded as a band from Slovakia.

The band has released ten studio albums. I got six of them and is trying to get the remaining four before my reviews of their albums is completed. I am in short reviewing all their albums.

This band grew up in the shadows of Collegium Musicum and Prudy. Fermata was indeed founded by an ex guitarist in Collegium Musicum. 

Fermata delivers us forty minutes of some pretty hard rocking fusion on this album, their debut album. 

The guitars are pretty harsh with a lot of jazz vibes. The same goes for the rest of the instruments too.

Fusion is the right label here as they are 50/50 both hard rock and jazz. 

This is indeed a very good debut album and I cannot wait to sink my ears into the rest of their albums too. I think I am really in for a treat here.

3.5 points


 

No comments:

Post a Comment