Thursday, July 27, 2023

Thorne. Steve - Island of the Imbeciles (2016)

The fifth album from this artist from Great Britain.

Steve Thorne did the vocals, programming and keyboards himself.

He had help from some guests who added drums, bass, guitars and backing vocals.

I have reached album three out of the four Steve Thorne albums I am reviewing this summer. This of his in total seven released albums.

The music on this album, as on the first two albums I have reviewed, is a mix of singer/songwriter, pop/rock and progressive rock.

There is a lot of Pink Floyd here as you would expect from an album like this.

There is not many eclectic, if any eclectic melody lines here. These has been replaced by elegance, a bit pomp and a lot of melodies. 

The vocals are good and so is the guitar solos. The music is also good and this is a good melodic album. I wish it had offered my brain a bit more to work on. Nevertheless.....

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment