Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Soft Ffog - Soft Ffog (2022)

The debut album from this Norwegian band.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars and keyboards.

The cover art work says symphonic prog and I was tuning my ears into some Yes like music.

I was wrong.

What I got was a hell of a racket. That means twisted and shaken fusion tones. 

Their take on fusion is intense and not so far away from the likes of Krokofant etc etc etc.

Norwegian fusion has always been influenced by extreme metal too and you can hear that on this album too. 

The fusion is really intense and a bit avant-garde. There is even some faint Black Sabbath influences in their music. This is not music for the faint hearted.

The music is also great with a lot to offer for fusion fans and the open minded listener. I really enjoy this album and would recommend it as the best album from Norway.....so far.

4 points




No comments:

Post a Comment