Friday, February 2, 2024

Nova Cascade - The Navigator (2023)

The fourth album from this band from Great Britain.

The band is a sextet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, violin, keyboards, synths, programming, flute and vocals.

This is my first ever meeting with this band after this album had been recommended to me by a friend. I am now considering getting their first three albums.

The music on this one hour long album is a mix of symphonic prog, electronica, neo-classical music and psych rock. There is not any noticable neo-prog here. ProgArchives has labeled this band as a neo-prog band. Hence, I think I will get their first three albums too....

What ever...

The music is elegant, beautiful and classy. The long pieces where neo-classical and electronica get mixed into some beautiful pieces is really cool and very much in line and harmony with the album art-work.

The pieces with violin and acoustic guitars harmonies is also beautiful. The few pieces of vocals is cool.

The result is a very good album and one to really check out. I am impressed.

3.5 points

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment