Sunday, August 8, 2021

Mekong Delta - Intersections (2012)

The tenth album from this German band.

The band was a quintet on this album with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars and vocals.

This album is re-recording of some older tracks with a new lineup.

We are in this case talking about pure thrash and speed metal.

I have not been particular fond of German thrash and speed metal since.... Well, I have never been a fan of German thrash and speed metal. I liked the band Vendetta a lot and that was the only band and albums I liked.

I have very much disliked German thrash and speed metal.

But there is something special, something almost magic about Mekong Delta. 

OK, this is not a good album and I am not won over by all means. But I quite like some of the stuff here. The band is really, really clever in their presentation of their thrash and speed metal. Not clever enough for me to fall for it.

Nevertheless, this is a decent album from one of the few, if not the only thrash and speed metal band I really like. 

Check out this album even if thrash and speed metal is not your thing.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment