Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Hipgnosis - Valley of the Kings (2021)

The fourth studio album from this band from Poland.

The band is a sextet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, electronics and vocals.

I was meant to review this album back in 2021. But I dropped the idea after one listening session because I found the album too far out there, too long and too difficult to get my head around.

It has always annoyed me, my failure to get my head around it two years ago. Hence.... I gave it another chance.

The music is a mix of electronica and dream pop. It has some eclectic prog too. 

The female vocals is cool and most of the melodies are cool too. The music is really laidback and full of electronics generated percussion. The theme for the art-work is also well represented in the music.

This album is very long. One hundred minutes long and it is a double CD.

Not everything here is good and there are some small electronica breaks and avant-garde pieces here who simply does not work that well.

This is still an album well worth checking out.

2.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment