Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Like Wendy - Tales from Moonlit Bay (2000)

The fourth album from this band from The Netherlands.

The band is a duo with a lineup of drums, guitars, bass, keyboards and vocals.

I have not been very impressed by their previous three albums. The band has released eight albums if I am not wrong and I got two more of them to review. So I am cracking on with the task at hand.

The band plays symphonic neo-prog on this album. 

There is some long epics here and most of the songs are pretty long.

There is a lot of clever details here although some of the songs and epics is not cutting the mustard. 

The references to Marillion, the Fish era also comes thick and fast. In particular Marillion's first two albums.

The vocals on this album is not good and is my main gripe about this album. An album which should win favour with most fans of epic progressive rock. I have my reservations...

2.5 points

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment