Monday, June 13, 2022

Morse. Neal - Neal Morse (1999)

The debut album from this US artist.

Neal Morse did the guitars, bass, synths, piano and vocals himself.

He got help from a handful of other musicians who provided drums, percussion, strings and backing vocals.

This is a review I am doing after I by sheer luck discovered that I got this album. I thought my first album of him was the third album Testimony and I did review it last week. So this is an out of sequence review.

I am still looking for his second album with the hope to review it sometimes soon.

The music on his debut album.... well, he set the tone for his later albums. The tone and music but not the lyrics. If the lyrics are Christian, they are very well hidden. I do not regard them as preaching. The lyrics are good, though...

The music is simplified symphonic prog and simplified Spock's Beard like symphonic prog. US symphonic prog in other words.

The first ten minutes are good to very good. The quality falls off a lot towards the end of these fifty minutes and the album becomes a decent album.

This is still an album well worth checking out.

2.5 points

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment