Monday, June 13, 2022

Lionville - So Close To Heaven (2022)

The fifth album from this Italian band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

Their first four albums has bypassed me. The reason for this is that they are progressive metal albums.

Yes, Lionville is a progressive metal band from Italy.

Frontiers is their record label and although I hugely respect this label, progressive metal is not my thing. But this album still landed in my inbox.

The music here is melodic and sugary sweet progressive metal with some teenybopper influences. 

That means verse-chorus-verse with not much else than that. There are some good guitars and that is all. The vocals is also good.

I am not a big fan of love songs and all these cliches from that world. This album is full of them. 

This is a decent fifty minutes long album and an album for progressive metal fans. I am not one of them.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment