Thursday, October 14, 2021

Purple Overdose - Purple Overdose (1994)

The third album from this band from Hellas.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, flute, sax, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

When I started out on my task on reviewing their five albums, I started with their very poor debut album which left a very bad taste in my view.

The band redeemed themselves on their second album. I was therefore looking forward to reviewing this album.

Their music is flowery psych rock from the last couple of years in the 1960s. 1968 - 1969 to be more precise.

US psych, that is. Not necessary the likes of Jefferson Airplane but more like the psych underground from that time.

... And the music is not an overdose of this psych rock. Far from it. 

The music is rather understated with some The Byrds harmonies and lots of very tasty keyboards sounds. The vocals too are tasty.

This is indeed a good album which makes me want to explore this underground US psych rock scene more. 

Check out this good album.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment