Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Crown Lands - Fearless (2023)

The second album from this band from Canada.

The band is a duo with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

This band has created quite a stir in the scene with their first two albums. I became off course curious to know what this fuzz was all about. 

I have yet to get their self-titled 2020 album. But I will get it one day.

The band is a duo. Their sound is like Rush on their 2112 opus. The vocals is a tad more melodic than Geddy Lee's vocals. But it is still very similar and gives Rush fans like myself a lot of goosebumps.  

The music is a mix of Rush and some more art rock and pomp rock. Both Saga (Canada) and Led Zeppelin springs to mind. So does The Beatles.

The band has also discovered the art of song writing and good arrangements. The opening tracks hits the listener like a truck and gives Rush fans like myself goosebumps.

The standard drops a bit at the end.

Nevertheless, this is a very good album and worthy of the hype surrounding the band. Is this band the next big thing ? I sincerely hope so.

3.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment