Sunday, January 30, 2022

Fractal Mirror - Beyond Borders (2021)

The fifth album from this Dutch band.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

A guest provided backing vocals.

I am not so sure if I have ever reviewed one of their albums before.... OK, I have actually reviewed their second album, the 2014 opus Garden Of Ghosts. An album I really liked so it is a bit strange that I have not gone to their other albums....

... Before now. 

Fractal Mirror gives us fifty minutes of good, solid neo-prog.

The music is the typical Dutch neo-prog. That means melodic with a blend of the more melancholic German take on the genre and the more English melodic poppy take on the genre.

This album has a mix of both melancholy and poppy melodies.

The end result is a good album, well worth checking out. I may have to purchase and review their three other remaining albums too....

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment