Sunday, May 14, 2023

Ring of Gyges - Metamorphosis (2023)

The second album from this band from Iceland.

The band is a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, synths and vocals.

This band is a new band on the power/progressive metal scene and I got a promo copy sent over to me for review in this blog.

Progressive metal is not really my cup of tea. I tend to avoid this genre in this blog. But promos is promos....

It is nice to sea that Iceland in this band has got a pretty standard sounding heavy and progressive metal band. A run of the mill metal band, to be more precise. That is an objective observation and not meant as either a good or a bad thing.

Take heavy metal, add some progressive metal and some Radiohead. You get this one hour long album.

The vocals are good. The band has some good ideas.

The result is a decent to good album. I guess the metal crowd will be a bit more positive. On the other hand, I still think that scene will not be overly impressed by this album either.

2.5 points




No comments:

Post a Comment