Sunday, August 7, 2022

Enid. The - First Light (2014)

The 20th album from this band from England.

The band was a sextet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, keyboards, vocoder and vocals.

A drummer did the drums on the final live track.

This is another re-work of old songs from this band + a live track.

These many re-works albums has made the band a tribute band to themselves. 

The re-worked tracks are all a mix of neo-classical music, musicals and some symphonic prog. 

When I started reviewing their albums, and I will continue to do so until their final albums, I did not expect that many re-works albums. But that is what The Enid has been reduced to. 

There is two brand new tracks here and they are all in the pop/musicals tradition. They are decent enough.

The rest of this one hour long album is also decent enough. The fans knows what they get here and I hope they are satisfied. I am not.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment