Tuesday, June 11, 2024

My Dying Bride - A Mortal Binding (2024)

The 15th album from this band from Great Britain.

The band is a sextet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, violin, keyboards and vocals.

The band returned again with their new album. 

After the rather lacklustre 2020 album Ghost Of Orion, I was fearing the worst. The vocals on that album is pretty bad.

A Mortal Binding sees the vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe employing both some guttural growls and clean vocals. A lot of guttural growls, in fact. More than usual.

This one hour long album is dark throughout and far more darker than the usual fare from the band.

It is indeed the band returning to their roots. That just with some more mature, progressive compositions. 

The result is pleasing for an old fan like myself and indeed a good album in it's own right. I have to admit this band has again entered the list of my alltime favourite five bands.

Check out this album.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment