Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Circle of Fairies - As The Years Go By (1995)

 

The one and only album from this Italian band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, tambourine, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

I am supposed to be an expert on progressive rock from Italy. That is what I have been told I am. OK, my knowledge of this scene is substantial. But then again.... I did not even know about the existence of this band until last month where I dumped into their listing in ProgArchives. Album was then purchased.  

Something I am glad I did. This band is a nice surprise.

OK, more about their style.... Take good old RPI, symphonic Italian prog and mix it with English or even Dutch neo-prog. 

The vocals are in English and they are really good. The songs on this one hour long album is long. 

They are also pretty symphonic on the top of a neo-prog soundscape.

The result is a good album and one to check out. I am glad I did.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment