Friday, September 1, 2023

Circa Survive - The Amulet (2017)

The sixth album from this band from USA.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars and vocals.

This band and their music is difficult to label and pinpoint. A mix of modern rock, indie rock, neo-prog and art rock is what I hear from my speakers. There is also some jazz and post-punk vibes in their music.

The vocals is thin and I wrongly assumed that these were female vocals on their first albums. I was wrong. Hence, delete and correct the text. 

The music is youthful and intense. It is also pretty hard and bold.

There are some good hooks and riffs on this album. The melodies are elegant.

The music is arty and very much with an US sound.

The music is good though and the band is finally living up to the reputation that made me get their albums.

If art-rock is your thing, this band and album must be checked out.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment