Thursday, October 27, 2022

Progres 2 - Dialog S Vesmírem (1980)

The third album from this band from the Czech Republic.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, bells, clavinet, piano, organ, minimoog, synths and vocals.

This band was one of the better and most prolific bands from behind the Iron Curtain. What this and other bands from the east managed to release of progressive rock and fusion under the watchful, repressive eyes of the Stalinists for those times, is really very, very impressive.

Progres 2 has by releasing so many albums during that era deserved my admiration and is hereby getting it.

The quality has not been good on the first two Progres 2 albums. I did not look forward to review any more of their albums. But I feel I need to complete their disco........ hence, I wrapped my ears around this album.

Progres 2 has gone kraut and space rock on this album. There is a lot of Eloy influences on this album, indeed. 

The music is really muscular and at times pretty hard. The space rock element is always there.

There is a lot of good vocals and a lot of stirring guitar solos who makes me unwrap the air guitar and go crazy in my office. The final parts of this forty-three minutes long album is indeed a guitar hero's paradise.

The rest of the album is also good and this album has redeemed this band in my ears and mind.

Check out this album.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment