Sunday, September 10, 2023

Thirteen Of Everything - Welcome Humans (2005)

 

The debut album from this band from USA.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, Chapman stick, piano, synths, keyboards, organ and vocals.

I reviewed their second album, the 2019 album Our Own Sad Fate back in June 2019 for # 2 of this blog. I quite liked that album. The band has released a new album earlier this year and I aim to review that one later this week.

US symphonic prog is what we get here. One hour and fifteen minutes of it.

There are a lot of early days neo-prog influences too. Pendragon springs to mind. This British band has indeed been a major influence on this album. Add IQ and Arena too among the bands who has greatly influenced this album.

There are some fusion influences and themes on this album too.

The music is pretty epic and bold. It is also melodic with a good organ sound.

This album is pretty different from their second album Our Own Sad Fate released fourteen years later and I wonder what I will get on this year's album. 

Welcome Humans is a very good album in it's own right and one to check out and I would had been very pleased and put them on my list of big talents if I had got it eighteen years ago. Then again.... a fourteen years long wait would have followed.

Check out this album.

3.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment