Friday, November 19, 2021

Dear Hunter. The - Act IV: Rebirth In Reprise (2015)

The sixth album from this US band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, rhodes, piano, organ, synth, keyboards and vocals.

Some guest musicians provided orchestration, percussion, winds, strings, harps and vocals.

I am now at album # 6 in my reviews of their albums and I am still not sure what to feel about this band.

The band plays a bit of a mix of art rock with some Radiohead, Marillion and Coheed & Cambria influences. 

The Dear Hunter is most and foremost an US band with the US bold and brave sound and music.

The melodies and songs are big and has a lot of classical music and musicals influences. 

I am still not really won over by this band. But I really enjoy large parts of this album. My only real gripe is the lack of some better songs. 

Nevertheless, this is a good album.

3 points

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment