Thursday, September 21, 2023

Tryo - Órbitas (2016)

The sixth album from this band from Chile.

The band was a trio with a lineup of drums, percussion, bass, guitars, marimba, keyboards and vocals.

The band was helped out by some guests who added sonajaz, djembe, violin and vocals.

I thought I had reviewed this album many years ago. So when I got their brand new album, I went straight on that.... just to discover that Orbitas had fallen through the cracks in my office. Hence this review. A review of their new album will follow next week.

I reviewed their first five albums some years ago for # 2 of this blog and liked them a lot. 

Fusion with a lot of Latin jazz and pop is what Tryo stands for. That is also the case when it comes to this album.

The music is pretty muscular at times. The music is still fusion with a lot of Latin jazz and pop/rock.

Their fans should be happy.

The music is both elegant and good. This is one of the better fusion bands around and well worth checking out.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment