Saturday, March 9, 2024

Moose Loose - Live At Kongsberg Jazzfestival 1973 (2023)

The live album from this band from Norway.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, electric piano and organ.

I never review live albums and this is probably the first ever live album I have reviewed in this blog, all the three editions, since it was launched in 2012. I have no plans to review any other live albums.

This album is a bit special and I bought it from the NAK series where it was released. I am sniffing around the edges of Norwegian jazz these days and this review is the result of that.

I have reviewed the two Moose Loose studio albums and I have never really been impressed by them.

This live album has a mix of material from these two albums and some cover tracks. Weather Report and Miles Davis covers, that is.

The album was recorded at the annual Kongsberg Jazzfestival in Norway. That one, Vozzajazz and Molde Jazzfestival is the three big ones in Norway and pretty big in Europe too.

The guitar and organ solos are really cool here and those are the ones that attracts me most to this album. The material is not the best and the music is pretty complex. The music is a mix of fusion and jazz too.

This album is one hour long and it is a good album. Barely a good album but the guitar and organ solos elevates it to a good album.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment