Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Mangrove - Bridge to Fiction (2024)

The fourth album from this band from The Netherlands.

The band is a trio with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

The band has returned again after a fifteen years long break. The band album debuted in 2004 and released their third album back in 2009.

I find it hard to believe, but this is my first review of a Mangrove album. I have their other three albums though and will try to review them before the end of the year. I should have done this many years ago though as they are a symphonic prog band. 

The music on this album is a mix of lots of genres, though.

Take Dutch symphonic prog, add some hard prog and some more eclectic prog. Then add some pomp rock too. Yes, the band mixes it up a lot.

The opening track, the title track, is ten minutes long and does not really impresses me. There are five shorter, better songs before a twenty-two minutes long symphonic prog epic closes this well over one hour long album.

The vocals is good and there is a lot of interesting details here. The guitars and keyboards is adding a lot of good stuff here.

The quality of the music here is barely good but it is still a good album. I should really have checked out this band years ago though.... My prog-radar need an overhaul and some new parts.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment