Thursday, July 13, 2023

Gunerius & Verdensveven - Kapitalypse Nå (2023)

The third album from this band from Norway.

The band is a trio with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, electronics and vocals.

The band got help from a female vocalist on one of the tracks. 

This band is quite active live and on their Bandcamp page. I am trying to keep myself updated on everything progressive rock from my homeland..... but this band has flown well under my radar. So far. 

The band is now on my radar and I may get their first two albums later this year.

This album is a bit short, clocking in at twenty-seven minutes. But I guess the band feel that this is what they got of quality music this time around. No need for wasting the listener's time.

And that is what they are not with their mix of Frank Zappa, King Crimson and a lot of krautrock like Amon Duul II and Popol Vuh. 

There is some spoken narrations in Norwegian here over some pretty eclectic rhythms and melody bits. The music is pretty floating. The female vocals is the only real song here and even that song is floating and jazzy.

The result is pretty good. It is a decent to good album. It is an album well worth checking out.

2.5 points




No comments:

Post a Comment